Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas and Then Some

Wow! Time flies when you're busy. Let's do some catching up shall we?
First off... my sugar test. I failed it miserably. I needed to be below 135 and I was 217 so I got to skip the 3 hour sugar test and schedule an appointment with the Diabetes Center. That appointment was on Monday (the 28th). They put me on a meal plan and gave me a monitor to check my sugars. My only issue so far has been that I'm having to eat too much!! Go figure. I'll have to talk to her about that because I can't make myself eat like that but my sugars have been good. Hopefully the diet changes will work =o)
Next... Mom came into town last Tuesday and is leaving town tomorrow. We've been busy but we finally have everything ready to go for the shower that is in a little over a week. We went to our friends house on Christmas Eve so it was great getting to see them. Unfortunately there was a little boy there who was sick and throwing up. Well... the day after Christmas guess what? My mom and I were sick. I got so dehydrated that my pulse was 160. To make a long story short I was admitted to the hospital over night so that they could pump me full of fluids. At first my mom and I thought we just had food poisoning from some banana pudding. (I didn't talk to my friend until I was out of the hospital to discover that just about everyone that attended the Christmas Eve shin-dig got sick.)
Now onto Christmas. What a great day. Cameron was so excited! He couldn't wait to open each one of his presents and once he was done he was ready to play with each of them. It was nice. We all got great gifts but I think the best was being together =o) Wish my dad could have been here to spend it with us but we will all be together next year. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!





Frankie and I on Christmas Eve




Cam opening his spy remote control car... his favorite gift I think




Mom opening her favorite gift... We got her DeAngelo jersey signed

No comments:

Post a Comment