Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ready to Ring in the New Year

All I can say is come on 2010. This year has been rough for us and I think we are both ready for the start of a new year. This year started out rough with my not being able to find a job. Then things turned for the better; we were both working and found out we were pregnant. The same week we found out we were pregnant, I got laid off.
Being laid off was a plus in that I was able to rest my fist trimester but we really could have used the extra income. While laid off, we dealt with the deaths of two family members... both in the same night.
Now I'm back to work and things were starting to look up again. Unfortunately my boss keeps hinting to the fact that she is going to run out of money again and that I may be getting temporarily laid off again (probably in the Spring if not sooner). Of course she would start mentioning the threat of job loss just as we purchased new living room furniture and our full insurance coverage ran out (Don't worry... its just that now we have to pay 20% of the medical bills until our new PPO coverage takes affect in February).
What else could go wrong? Well we have 3 cars that we drive. Frankie alternates between his truck and his mustang. Well the transmission started messing up in the mustang (4th gear apparently) and it seems like the rear end or a bearing is going out in the truck. Perfect timing for the vehicles to start falling apart when we've been Christmas shopping and what not. Luckily Frankie's uncle sold him a transmission for about $200.
Surely that's all that could go wrong right? Nope. We were watching TV the other night and the convergence in it messed up. We have only had this TV for 3.5 years so its ridiculous that it is already messing up and the warranty was only for 2 years. A television definitely is not a necessity but it would be nice to have to watch movies on and what not while my mom is in for the holidays... especially since its the TV in our living room which is also the "guest" room. But once again we were fortunate to find someone to come out and fix it this morning for about $200. This is so much less than it would have cost to get a new TV.
And last but not least Frankie's grandmother was admitted to the hospital last night. She is being treated for congestive heart failure. We are praying that she is able to recover but Frankie's parents don't think the chances are good. So please keep her and Frankie's family in your prayers.
All I can say is I'm glad there aren't many days left in 2009. At least we know 2010 will start out better because our bundle of joy is due in March =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment