We began decorating the house last Monday and I'm happy to say we are finally done with that task =o) I had everything on the inside of the house complete. We waited until we had Cameron on Thursday so that we could do our tree as a family. He loves helping put the ornaments on the tree so it's fun to watch. Frankie had some things to do before we could start on the tree and I thought Cameron was going to bust if he had to wait any longer. Friday night I wrapped the gifts that I had purchased so that we could have some presents under the tree. This year we decided to take out Camerons' big train set and place it around the bottom of the tree. I think it's very cute and brings back memories from when I used to place a train around our tree as a child =o)
I would have to say that the most difficult task of decorating is doing the lights on the outside. It has been hard to do the lights with the rain and leaves all over the yard but we got it done. The leaves were cleared so that the stuff in the yard could be placed. Then we had to tackle the house lights. We have had this set of icicle lights for about 5 years now so every year (with the exception of maybe the first two years) we have to change out light bulbs and tug and twist to figure out why a section of the lights refuses to come on. Why should this year be any different? Well you know how our luck goes, we got half of the house done and the last three strands of lights refused to all light up. We spent about an hour trying to figure out what was wrong. In the end, we went to Walmart and bought all new lights just to come home and take down the strands we had already hung. Poor Frankie. His knees and back were killing him by the time we were done from climbing up and down the ladder. Not to mention it was freezing cold outside. In the end, the house looks beautiful, and even Scrooge himself (Frankie) was happy with the way things turned out.
I almost forgot, we did our baby registry! I thought this would be a difficult task but it went well. Frankie was like a kid in a candy store with the registry gun. I would tell him to register for an item twice and I swear he would register for four. We decided to register for the necessities (ie: bottles, bibs, pacifiers, bath stuff, diaper stuff, sheets, etc) and for toys. The main toys we registered for were educational stuff (Leap Frog and Baby Genius) and some stuff for the stroller/car seat. You would have thought the toys were for Frankie. He was so excited to make sure he clicked on all the "cool" things. You should have seen his face light up when we got to the walkers/bouncers. They had this one that looked like a classic car so of course we registered for both of those =o) We planned to register at two locations but by the time we finished with Babies R Us, I was pooped. Now all I have to do is get the invites in the mail!
No comments:
Post a Comment