Thursday, December 10, 2009

'Tis The Season

The past couple days haven't been as busy as our last couple of months. I got the baby shower invites in the mail and sent our Christmas cards out yesterday. This year I decided to start doing a "newsletter" in our cards because I figure with the arrival of a new baby next year, it will be nice to update everyone on how our year has been every Christmas.
This year we have been fortunate enough to give back a little. We were able to fill a stocking for a friend. Her church is doing a program called "Just Stuff It", similar to the Samaritan's Shoe Box drive. Unfortunately we missed the due date for the shoe boxes but we were happy to participate in the stocking drive. I even spoke with my best friend and she was able to fill a stocking as well. Every little bit helps and to know that those stockings will put a smile on a child's face is very rewarding. Frankie and I also heard that a friend of ours was having some financial problems and would more than likely not be able to buy any toys for her children for Christmas. She is a single mother of two so we were glad to lend a helping hand. We have been going through Cameron's toys because, well if you know him, he has EVERYTHING!!! It is ridiculous how many toys this child has. His room literally looks like a toy store. We were able to get rid of two trashbags and a storage tub of gently used toys to give to our friend to wrap as gifts for her little boys. And when I say gently used... I mean Cam may have played with them a handful of times, if at all.
Can you believe Christmas is now 15 days away?!?!? Guess I better hurry up and finish my last little bit of shopping so I don't have to be out in the mad crowds. Poor Frankie... he hasn't even started. But every year he is one the people out doing all their Christmas shopping 2-3 days before Christmas... more power to him =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment