Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yay for hail damage!

Lately we have noticed several people in the neighborhood getting their roof replaced on their home. We discovered that they had hail damage and that insurance was covering the replacement. So Frankie decided it couldn't hurt to have insurance come out and do an estimate to see if we could get a free roof as well. To my surprise, considering how things have gone the past few months, we have hail damage!! It will be so nice to have a new roof to make the house look even better. We will be asking for a different color shingle, most likely a brown of some sort, to go with our paint color scheme.


Now onto baby updates. I had an appointment with my OB on Monday and things are still going strong. Lil Joey's heartbeat was 145 and I'm still measuring according to my weeks of gestation. (Thank goodness because this whole diabetes thing could cause me to have a large baby and I don't want that lol.) We had our third baby class last night and now I'm more confused than ever. I've always said I want an epidural when I deliver because of how intense my menstrual cramps have been in the past. Now I'm not sure. There are side effects to the epidural (which I knew) but I don't know if I want to risk it given our luck lately. I could try the IV pain medicine but supposedly that just "takes the edge off" and if I receive the drug too late the medication will be in the babies system, which could cause him to breathe less strong at delivery and would require him to get a shot. I've thought maybe I will try the IV medication and if that doesn't work enough I can always get the epidural still. The thought of a needle going in my back is scary but from what I've heard, I may not care at that point because I will be in so much pain. Ahh decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment