Also, we had our first Child Birth class last night. I learned a good bit. Learned the signs of going into labor and Frankie learned a technique to help relieve lower back pain if I have any. At our next class we will learn breathing and relaxation techniques. I'm glad we signed up. We met some new parents to be and had a pretty good time. There were 8 couples in there and only one of the couples was expecting a girl! There are going to be a lot of little boys coming in March apparently =o)
I've been meaning to share the following for quite sometime but kept forgetting. I came across it again while cleaning so I'm taking the time to share now. It is a poem that my grandfather wrote back in 1982. I wonder if he knew how deeply his words would effect people when he wrote it? My dad read this at the funeral and it was the first time I've seen him cry. It was one the hardest things for me to witness and I'm sure one of the hardest things he's had to do.
"Reflections"
If by chance along life's way
you pause awhile to rest
come visit me in Canaan Land
high on the mountain crest
I roam this land of sparkling skies
through spirit willed on high
where kindred thoughts and moments
shared really never die
No words need to be spoken
we sense and thus we share
our past times brief with life's span
but meaningful and rare.
Life's game played through- some won, some lost
the challenge leaped to meet
sweet victories brief, elusive taste
true learning in defeat.
I pray that all your thoughts of me
however brief they be
are ones of love, fair measure given,
truth, tranquillity
For man I was, a speck of dust
a sand grain by life's sea
no longer now as I once was
but just a memory
The mountain's thrust, streams greenish-blue
all nature wild and free
a "Mountain Man" and with God's grace-
through all eternity.
If by chance along life's way
you pause awhile to rest
come visit me in Canaan Land
high on the mountain crest
I roam this land of sparkling skies
through spirit willed on high
where kindred thoughts and moments
shared really never die
No words need to be spoken
we sense and thus we share
our past times brief with life's span
but meaningful and rare.
Life's game played through- some won, some lost
the challenge leaped to meet
sweet victories brief, elusive taste
true learning in defeat.
I pray that all your thoughts of me
however brief they be
are ones of love, fair measure given,
truth, tranquillity
For man I was, a speck of dust
a sand grain by life's sea
no longer now as I once was
but just a memory
The mountain's thrust, streams greenish-blue
all nature wild and free
a "Mountain Man" and with God's grace-
through all eternity.
H. Douglas Preble 1982
No comments:
Post a Comment