Monday, November 16, 2009

Third Times a Charm

Well we hit a couple bumps along the way but the nursery is painted! We ended up having to paint the ceiling, which we were not counting on.



As you can see, I let Frankie have the honor of rolling the ceiling.


And remember how I said I thought I would love the color after the second coat, well I didn't. I did however really like it after I put the third coat on. I also did the baseboards, doors, and windows just to freshen everything up. Well that freshening up turned into two coats :).




Needless to say once it was all done, the room looks great. We hung new blinds last night and Frankie replaced the old doorknob and window locks. But as Frankie's luck would have it, one of the window locks broke when he went to lock it. For those of you who know Frankie well, you know there was a look of disgust, a moment of silence, followed by a few choice of words. I had to laugh. So he will be picking up some more new locks on his way home today so that we can once again, replace the window locks. Our next move is to get the guest bed out of there and then we can hopefully go get the furniture! Once the room is empty, I'll put up pix of the entire nursery instead of just a single wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment