So it's been almost a week since I've posted a new blog... but there is a very good reason for this. I am happy to say that the nursery is complete!!! We finished cleaning out the room and cleaned the carpet earlier this week. We then went to Target and got our furniture. Luckily one of the stores had almost every piece so we only had to pick up the chair/ottoman at the other store. We were so happy when we got home...only to discover that they had given us the wrong crib. But were there any doubts that something would go wrong given our luck?!? Fortunately we were able to pick up the right crib the next evening. Frankie assembled the furniture Friday night and we were able to hang everything on the walls. It is such a huge relief to know that the room is done. Now all we need is the little boy that goes along with it =)
I also got to hang out with a a dear friend today. She and I have been friends since the 4th grade but we have not seen each other since our senior year of high school (she lives in SC now). We decided to meet at a halfway point at an outlet mall. I was so excited to see her. We have one of those friendships where it's like we've never been apart. There was not an awkward moment the entire afternoon. We had a blast reminiscing and catching up on our lives. She also brought her parents along as a surprise. It was great to see them because it has been even longer since I have seen them. We spent the afternoon grabbing lunch and doing some shopping.
No comments:
Post a Comment