Monday, November 30, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Well we made it home safe and sound. And to my surprise the traffic was not bad at all yesterday! What a relief because the 7.5 hour drive is long enough without sitting in traffic. Our Thanksgiving was great. After eating with Frankie's family we headed up to WV. We woke up early the next morning to head to my grandmothers. Lets just say the weather forecasters missed a snow storm. We got about 30 minutes from my parents and the roads were COVERED with snow/ice. In some spots the snow on the road was at least 2 inches deep. We drove 20-30mph for the first hour of our trip. Then, with the help of some prayers, the roads cleared up for the rest of the trip (except for about the last 10 miles, which were once again pretty slippery.)







This is a small section of road. This was taken the day before we left so you can imagine how it looked when we drove on it.




Pretty to look at as long as you don't have to drive anywhere




A rare sight, especially during hunting season

I am usually a big kid when it comes to the snow and I cannot wait to play in it but this time around I passed. I think with being pregnant I just didn't have the energy to put on all the layers and go out in the cold. Cameron was so excited though. He was making snow angels, throwing snowballs, and even built a snowman. His little cheeks were rosy red by the time he came inside.












We spent the next couple of nights at my grandmothers. It was nice being able to keep her company although I don't think it distracted her much from the events that took place a couple of months ago. She looked better but she was still not herself. We had to leave early Sunday morning, just in case there was traffic. On our way out we stopped by my grandfathers grave site to place a little Christmas tree on his grave. He always did love the holiday season so why not give him a little tree of his own =o)









I've also had some more side effects of pregnancy :( I now have carpal tunnel in my right wrist which can be painful and extrememly irritating at times. I bought a brace last night so that has helped out a little bit. I also noticed that my ankles are starting to swell.

Anyways, I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment