Friday, November 30, 2012

Brrrr

Well it's been a little while since I posted... but I did promis at least one post a month so I've still kept my promise :). Halloween was a flop. Poor Joey didn't get much candy. There were only 3 houses in our neighborhood giving out candy so we took him to Frankie's boss' area and he got a little bit more. We came home and the bowl we had left out for children was still full so we gave him all of that. Good thing he doesn't know what he's missing out on. I remember bringing home pillow cases full of candy every year.
I lucked out and got to be off for Thanksgiving. I was supposed to work but they needed some help one night and I was able to switch my schedule. THanksgiving was peaceful. Just a quiet day around the house with the family, followed by some time with friends that evening. Much better than last year ;)
Recently we have tackled the task of potty training with Joey and he's doing pretty good! He's not ready to go potty for anyone but Frankie and I but atleast he goes. We're still having issues with #2 but we'll get there. I'm just happy at how easy it came. Before he wouldn't even sit on it and it was so frus trating, but like they say, they'll start when they're ready. It will be so nice when we can go back to getting diapers for only one child again.
Miss Skylar is getting so big. It's hard to believe she will be 6 months old in a couple of weeks. She is rolling over, starting to sit (a little wobbly still though), and attempts to hold her own bottle. Miss independent is not wasting anytime doing things for herself. She's growing too fast. She is such a fun baby and always smiling and cooing. Rarely cries anymore which is such a change from in the beginning.
Cameron is doing well with his first year of junior high (I feel so old). And he is such a great help around the house with the kids. He's a great big brother and even though he and Joey are 10 years apart he doesn't mind playing all day with his little brother. Joey loves playing with the big kids so the fact that Cameron and his friends include him in their activities is great.
As for Frankie and I, we're just working :) I got a tattoo last month... its something thats on my bucket list and I finally did it. It is Joey and Skylars name in the shape of a heart:) Christmas shopping is almost complete and in a couple of weeks we will be heading to WV to celebrate with my family. It's a nice tradition that we started after Joey was born and we look forward to it every year now :)
Some pics... enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment