April 22nd was our baby shower and we had a great time seeing old friends and hanging out. Our friends/family absolutely SPOILED this little girl and she's not even here yet. We are so greatful to everyone for your gifts. THere were even some guys there to join in our celebration and help Frankie through a few back for his birthday. His buddies from work got him some diapers lol... that was a gift that he and Skye had in common =o)
The morning after the shower we headed to the beach with my mom and grandmother. We were disappointed at first when we checked in because our room was supposed to be oceanfront and it was ocean view...barely. The next morning we were moved to an oceanfront room and all was well. It was pretty chilly the first 2 days but then it was nice the rest of the week. We enjoyed being on the beach, the indoor pool, going to Ripley's Aquarium, and we even to Joey to Ride Makerz to build a car. He LOVED it! When we walked in the store he went wild seeing all the car stuff. Coming home was not something I was looking forward too... especially since I had to go back to work that weekend.
When we got home we received word that my uncle had been rushed to the hospital. He's been battling cancer for the past year. The next night I called in so that I could go visit him with my family. What an eye opening experience. It was so devastating to see him not awake when he had just been himself (cutting up, joking, at home) the days before. Through lots of prayers, some steroids and other meds brought him back to his usual jokester self. He went to the Hospice unit for a couple of days but I'm happy to say that he's currently back at home :*) Thank you God!











No comments:
Post a Comment