Wouldn't you know that I'm hardly ever sick with more than a sniffle these days but with both pregnancies I have managed to catch a stomach bug. Yuck!! Thursday night around 7:30 I started getting sick. Tried eating dinner with no luck. I fell asleep and woke up around midnight and tried some water and saltines. I then tried stayed awake for a while because I was supposed to work Friday night. Well, no luck with the water and saltines. I called the doctors office to speak with a nurse (yes I know... aren't I one... but when it comes to my unborn child I'd rather have a second opinion.) They recommended that I go to the ER. I decided to wait it out a little longer (because us nurses are stubborn) and tried to keep down just water... surprise suprise no luck once again. When my pulse got to 110 I decided to go ahead and go before I got anymore dehydrated. By the time we got to the ER my pulse was 126. So after 4.5 hours, a liter of fluid, some nausea medicine, and a very irritable toddle we were able to go home. Atleast I didn't have to be admitted this time like I did with Joey. Now I'm fine and everything checked out with the baby. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Joey and Frankie don't catch the bug. I spoke to my mom and apparently my dad was sick the same time I was. That bug is vicious.
Speaking of my dad. I was watching CMT and heard a song that I love and it makes me think about he and I everytime I hear it. It's Trace Adkins "Just Fishin'". It brings back memories of my dad teaching me to fish in the river in WV. And I love how the little girl in the video has to touch the fish before he puts it back in the water because that was me =o) Love you dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment