Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Life's a Beach... And Another Year Older

So I'm definitely slacking when it comes to having regular posts but I'm doing my best. My last one was 3 weeks ago so I'll try to update.

We went to the beach with my parents and we had a blast! We took Joey out on the beach the first day and he slept most of the time. We decided not to anymore because of the wind. Scary when they stop breathing =o) It was so nice there... just to relax was great. Joey did get to have his first experience with Barefoot Landing, the Boardwalk, and the strip (starting him out young haha). He got to do a lot of bonding with my parents as they were trying to give us a break from the 24/7 life of parenthood. The last night we were there Frankie and I got to enjoy a day at the pool, shopping at the Tanger Outlets, dinner at the Giant Crab and a round of putt putt.

The Sunday after we got home was Cameron's 10th birthday!!! It's hard to believe he's already 10. He was 2.5 when Frankie and I started dating. Time flies. I made him a dirt bike cake and we all enjoyed an outing at the park. The kids spent time riding bikes, flying planes, and playing with water guns. Nothing like a birthday party that's free =o)

Last week Frankie ripped his earlobe... yes you read correct... he ripped his earlobe. He was getting ready to leave work and was backing a car out. His earring got caught on the top of the door as he was getting in the car and when he sat down the earring ripped out. Needless to say we spent three hours in the ER and he got 7 stitches. I don't think he'll be putting them back in... at least that's what he says for now.

This past Sunday we became members of our church and we are so happy. It took us a while to make a decision on what church we wanted to attend. We knew we wanted a baptist church that wasn't too big. We decided to attend the church our good friends the Vargos attend and we are so pleased. The people here have made us feel so welcome and we love the preaching staff. We feel at home and are thrilled to be raising Joey in the church... not to mention we have introduced Cameron to it as well.

And a final note... I have an interview on Monday!!! I really hope this one works out. I will have quite a haul to work but I have to take what I can get =o) I have waited so long to put my nursing degree to good use. Fingers crossed!!










No comments:

Post a Comment