Friday, August 17, 2012

2 Months Old Already... Where Does The Time Go

I can't believe our little girl will be 2 months old tomorrow! She is doing so much better now and has been sleeping through the night since Aug. 5... yay! We tried switching her to soy formula due to her fussiness and she became constipated within 24hrs which made things horrible! We immediately switched her back to her regular formula... poor thing. We decided she was just a colicky baby and found some colic relief drops that have been a lifesaver. She is a much happier baby now. No more screaming the whole time we're awake =o)
Joey is still a wonderful big brother and so is Cameron. They both help out as much as they can. We took Joey to the Zoo last month so that he could have some one on one time with Frankie and I. He really seemed to enjoy it, and so did my mom. Little did I know she had never been to the zoo either lol.
I decided to take the kids to West Virginia my last week of maternity leave. We took a trip up to Canaan to see Mawmaw and then Seebert so that Nanny could see them too. It was a nice trip. Skylar was fussy most of that week (hadn't started the drops yet) but I'm still glad that both great grandmothers were able to spend time with her.
I returned to work on Aug. 6th and must say the transition was much better than I'd anticipated. Having a break from the 24hr mommy role is nice. Don't get me wrong I love spending time with my kids but having some adult interaction is a must. Work has been good too; having 25lbs less to carry around makes the 12hr shift much more doable.
Other than that things have been pretty calm around here. We've learned to balance the needs of two small children and trade off who gets up during the night with Skylar. We recently switched Joey over to a toddler bed and it's like he hasn't noticed. We were worried about him getting out of bed by himself but so far he still seems to think he has to wait on us which is fine. I plan to go to the beach with the kids and Nana at the end of the month so hopefully they both behave so we can enjoy ourselves lol.
Below are some pics to catch up on this months activities!

~*~Zoo Pics~*~


~*~WV Trip~*~
~*~2 Month Pics~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment