Sunday, June 24, 2012

Skylar is Here

I've been trying for days to do this post but the computer kept messing up so I'm doing it on my phone now. Miss Skylar has arrived and she is an amazing baby!! The first night at the hospital was rough because the nurse advised us to only give so much formula so she kept waking up. Now she sleeps and we wake her every 4 hours to eat and during the day she lets us know every 4 hours. She hardly ever cries, even during diaper changes. She only seems to cry when she's cold or has gas. Her cry is so precious. She sounds like a squeak toy :)

The delivery went pretty good. We arrived at 7 for the induction. I had already been having contractions every 5-6 minutes on the way to the hospital. The pitocin was started around 7:45. It was then stopped about an hour later because I was contracting so often I was about to pull the bedrail off and the doctor had not arrived. Not to mention I didn't have my epidural yet. I received my epidural around 9 and was in heaven. I couldn't feel a thing, not even the pressure of a contraction. I began pushing around 10 and she arrived at 10:22. The cord was wrapped around her neck twice and when the Dr tried to unwrap it, the cord snapped and covered her in blood.It's a little unsettling to see your Dr get covered in blood while delivering your child. I knew something was going on when they were having me turn and gave me oxygen (and the Dr. suggested using the vacuum). But in the end we had a healthy baby girl. She was 8lbs 8oz and 21in. long with a 35cm head. Her measurments almost matched Joey's except for the weight (He was 7lbs 11oz, 21in and 36cm head).

We've been home since Wednesday and things have been going well. Joey loves helping out with "Baby Skylar" as he calls her. She gets more kisses and I love yous than everyone else in the family combined. I'm really glad he has taken to her so well. We gave him a truck at the hospital to be from Skylar and he loves it. He lets you know that Baby Skylar gave it to him.

Below are some photos from the delivery and coming home. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment