I'm happy to say that I don't have diabetes this pregnancy. Yay! I went to the doctor last Monday and did my one hour glucose test and had my monthly check up. Baby sounded good but apparently I'm measuring a little bit bigger than what I should so I go for an ultrasound on the 9th. Anyways... they called me Wednesday to tell me that my sugar was 146 (the cut off for diabetes is 140) so I had to go back on Friday for a 3 hour test. Oh.... my.... goodness. That was the LONGEST 3 hours. I was hoping to maybe leave and come back(wishful thinking) but I had to get blood drawn every hour. My arms looked horrible by the time I left. I was a little nervous when I left wondering if I would be diagnosed again. Luckily today I got the phone call stating that I had passed my test. Yay! Thank you God!
Joey had a doctor visit last week too. He did great! He finally didn't scream when the doctor came in. He is almost 36 inches and just under 30lbs. The doctor said he sounded/looked great so we don't have to come back for another year =o)
Mom came in to visit on Friday and she'll be leaving tomorrow. We did a little shopping and tried to get some scrapbooking done. Didn't get a whole lot of that accomplished but it was still nice spending time with her. Tomorrow I'm driving to SC to spend time with my friend Elysia and her little girl. Can't wait to watch our lil ones play together =o)
Other than that, life in our household is the same. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I go to dayshift by the end of this month/beginning of next. I hate to take the pay cut but it's really the only way to keep some sense of normalcy. Post again soon!
Below are a couple of Joey's 2 year pix. He did so good =o)





No comments:
Post a Comment