Sunday, March 14, 2010

Presenting... Joseph Douglas

He's here!!! My water broke early Tuesday morning. We went to the doctors office and I was dilated 5 centimeters already so they had me head over to the hospital. When I got in my room I had dilated another 2 centimeters and my contractions were already 2-3 minutes apart... OWWW. I can't honestly say I remember what they felt like but I will say I remember it hurting. I requested the epidural =o) and was in heaven once it kicked in. A short time later I was able to start pushing and a little over an hour later he was born... 2:59 PM... 7lbs 11oz... 20.5 inches. It was quite uncomfortable pushing but completely worth it once he arrived. It's amazing how much love you can have for someone you just met. We were discharged from the hospital Thursday, even though his bilirubin level was slightly high. The doctors weren't too concerned at his newborn checkup so now we go back in a month for his next visit. We're having a rough time with our night time schedule but over all Joey is a great baby. Mom is here helping out during the day so that we can try to catch up on sleep (yeah right!!). Right now Joey really seems to like using his play mat when he is awake. His eyes go all over the place while the music plays. I placed him on his stomach today for some tummy time and within a minute he already rolled over. Pretty strong for a newborn baby =o) Below are a few pictures of Joey and you know there will be more to come... as for now I'm going to nap while Joey sleeps =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment